Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Start of Thanksgiving break

I just got back from Georgia early Monday morning. My group for Advanced Techniques decided to cover the SOA protest down in Columbus, Georgia. We followed a group of four MU students down there and covered them at the protest. It was a fun time. The car rides seemed to last forever though. I really don't want to be in a car for that long again..lol
We arrived in Columbia Monday morning and by the time everyone was dropped off, I didn't get back to my apartment till 4:30 am. I had an interview with Officer Frey's supervisor at 10 am that morning so I knew I would be running on little sleep. After my interview, I had to run to pick up my laptop from the shop and then had to meet Officer Frey back at the station at 11:30. It was a busy morning but I stopped in between and got a carmel frap. from Starbucks which kept me moving. I got home around dinnertime, hung out with the parents for a few then hung out with Erich for a bit.
I had to be to work this morning at 8. way too darn early for me. I used to be more of a morning person but I hate the mornings now. I never want to wake up before 9 now. Thankfully there are only a few more weeks left to the semester. I was excited to be back at work but then again it's work and if I had the option, I wouldn't work but I know that will never happen. I made lots of Turkey cookies. I am sick of making them..lol. They are easy to make but I can only make so many before I get sick of them.
Over break I have to work on two ten page papers and a book report. Not really that excited to do any of them but they gotta be done. I have to also start working on putting my project on Officer Frey together now that I have completed an interview with him. Just thinking of all the work I have makes me not motivated to do any of it.

No comments: