Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day Eight


I wasn't quite sure what my photo would be for today until I got a text from my friend Jeff. He is in the Journalism program so some of you might recognize him. He is a reporter for the Missouri women's basketball team. Anywho, the game wasn't on tv this evening so he had to listen to it on the radio in his truck. I found this quite humorous when he sent me the text and decided to see if I could take photos of him taking notes and listening to the game while sitting in his truck. He was nice enough to let me come take photos and listen to the game. It was interesting to listen to the game on the radio vs watching it on tv. It reminded me of the times when people used to listen to ball games on the radio before tv entered the homes. It was a different experience getting to visualize the game in your head as you heard it instead of seeing it on a television screen. Thanks again to Jeff for letting me take his photo.

I obviously had to use strobe to light my photo. It wasn't easy seeing as I haven't really used my strobe much since last semester. Most of the time it showed up in my photo on the window behind Jeff but this was the only semi-decent photo of me using strobe. I hope to get out and explore more with my strobe to get re-acquainted with it. :)

No comments: