Sunday, January 24, 2010

First week of classes

First week of classes are over. I've realized a few things in that week. One is that I will be incredibly busy throughout the semester. I have both staff and picture story this semester. I'm determined to do well in both classes and hopefully add some photos to my portfolio cause my portfolio needs a lot of work. A second is I need to stop stressing about things. Today I had to go enterprise for my staff class since I didn't have any assignments. I thought of a bunch of ideas but they were more things that could be developed into stories. I went through about seven ideas I had and none of them worked today. Places were closed, didn't exist, or nobody was there. I did find a story on alpacas that I am going to follow up on this weekend hopefully. One of the things I'm really going to try and work on this semester is being more vocal in classes. I'm always a quiet person, afraid to say things in class. I realize this won't work in some of my classes. I really want to be more open in my picture story class because I can probably get a lot out of the class. I love the book we are reading in that class now and I'm taking notes on it so I can hopefully add to discussion. I related a lot to the perfectionism chapter because that is something I stress about. I want my photos to be good and get frustrated if they don't turn out the way I want them but I have to realize that not every picture you take is going to be good. Learn from those photos or learn something for next time. I feel like the more you try to be perfect with your photos, the worse they turn out to be.
Anywho those are just my thoughts for the day and things I want to fix for this semester.

No comments: