Wednesday, January 6, 2010

University City Fire Department Adventures


As some of you know, I'm trying to do little side projects to keep me busy over Christmas break. I thought I'd continue some of my work with various fire departments. I worked with Columbia last year, St. Charles last week and University City this week. I really enjoyed my time with U-City FD. They were a great bunch of guys to hang around with and get to know. I'm hoping to go back on the 14th of this month to spend another day with them. Hopefully we can get a call this time around. It would be cool to do a summer long project on the crew. I'll have to see if they will have me back for that one..lol :) Anywho, the following photos are what I took the day I visited. We didn't get any calls that day but I did get to go around and see a bunch of burnt out buildings which was neat to see. I also took some pictures of the guys cooking (I don't even think they know I took the photos, I was being sneaky.) They aren't of great quality but that is because I wasn't using flash at all. If I used flash that would have been a dead giveaway..lol I hope to post more photos once I work with them again.









Dinner Time!
We drove by a bunch of burnt out buildings and I took this one from my seat in the fire truck.
Inside a place where they train.
Chatting inside the truck.
Stopped to help a lady push her car.

.


No comments: