Wednesday, March 10, 2010

30 pictures in 30 days take two-day 6



Today I went to the Columbia Cemetery again to talk about my project with the people who run the cemetery. I did have success in my talking and got lots of good information from Tanja Patton about regular people who visit there which was very helpful. Grant Elementary's gym class often uses the cemetery as their "track" so I'm excited to get photos of the kids running in the cemetery. I plan to spend a lot of time here just parking and walking the cemetery grounds looking for neat/old graves, people walking, visiting, grounds work etc. I did see a recent grave that had some St. Pat's balloons and a photo placed with it. Tanja had told me that the family had recently placed these items there so I snapped a photo. There's just something about cemeteries that I love so much. I love seeing what people place at their loved one's graves. It can let you into a bit of what the person might have been like or how important they meant to everyone. I hope to post more photos within the coming days as I visit the cemetery and will post them.

No comments: