Wednesday, March 31, 2010

30 pictures in 30 days take two-day 25

Today after dinner I asked my parents if we could drive to a few local cemeteries. I heard that one local cemetery had "died, kicked by a mule" written on the headstone and so I was in search for that but never found it. I also wanted to go see my aunt and grandpa at another cemetery just a few minutes from my house. We stopped and I found a lot of interesting stones, names and items placed on the stones.

I just liked the name on this headstone.

This is my Grandma Lefholz's parents.
This is an interesting story. From what I've heard, the family used to be able to walk into this and see their relatives but vandals broke in and they had to close off the entrance to everyone. I'm sure there is more details to this but I haven't discovered them yet. I just thought it was cool how it was in the side of a hill.

I'm not really sure what or who this is for but found it interesting. My dad thought it might be a memorial for people who were killed on some ship. (Sorry I don't know the name or any more details.)

I found this to be moving for me. It almost made me cry when taking a photo of it. I haven't seen anything like this at a cemetery before and I've been to plenty of cemeteries lately.

This is just another last name I liked.

This is my Grandpa Lefholz's parents.


No comments: