Saturday, March 13, 2010

30 pictures in 30 days take two-day 10/broadway project photos

Today, I decided to go work a bit on our class documentary project on Broadway. As some of you know I am covering the Columbia Cemetery. I knew they might be doing some work since there were two funerals today and I showed up at just the right time. I drove around and found Tanja working at one of the graves. I got out and snapped a few photos and talked to her. Her husband, Alan, was off getting some more fill dirt for the graves. I was excited to get to photograph this because I feel like this is something that people often don't get to see.

Tanja waits as her husband, Alan adds more fill dirt to top off the grave.

Tanja walks beside her husband as they head to the next task.

Alan lifts the plywood off the ground to make way for the dirt to come in.

Alan reaches down and adjusts the casket to make it straighter.

Tanja watches as her husband adds dirt to the grave.


Tanja works on evening out the dirt.

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Colleen, if you link your photos through Flickr, you can post them larger. I love your photos, but I want to see them BIG!

Colleen_Lefholz said...

I know if you click on the photo it comes up bigger. I'll have to explore this Flickr thing. lol I've never used it before but have heard lots about it.

Patrick Fallon said...

Try shoootin more horizontalz.