Monday, March 15, 2010

30 pictures in 30 days take two-day 11/broadway project photos

I walked around the cemetery for about 45 minutes today while I had a break. I took a longer lens with me. I was hoping some people would be out but no such luck in that area. I was able to walk about half the cemetery just looking for neat stones, unique names, something different I guess. I don' t think I'll use any of these photos but just thought I would post some anyway. I did happen to see a headstone that had stones on top of it like we talked about in Picture Story today. I found that interesting and snapped a quick photo to post.
This is the headstone I found that had the rocks placed on it. As people visit, they place rocks on the headstone. As I understand this is Jewish tradition from our discussion in Picture Story today.

The cemetery is right next to Grant Elementary School and while I was walking, the kids were on the playground playing.

I love squirrels. I was happy I had a longer lens with me today so I could snap a picture of one. This one spotted me as he was sitting on top of a headstone.

And he spotted me again taking his picture, this time in a tree nearby.

2 comments:

Lillian J. Kelly said...

Good for you for using a long lens, Colleen!

Did you happen to bring a trash bag this time? Any sort of change of height (either lower or higher) would add to the visual variety, I think.

Keep 'em coming...

Colleen_Lefholz said...

I didn't bring a trash bag this time but I am going to put some in my trunk tomorrow morning just in case. I wanted to get lower but it was still a bit muddy. Hopefully on Wednesday it won't be so muddy.